Eggs Benedict (GF)
by Suzy Shaw
Makes: 1 Serving
Eggs Benedict make the perfect breakfast, brunch or light tea. A great way to begin an indulgent weekend!
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
110g / 4oz butter, melted
Pinch of cayenne
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
2 medium eggs
1 gluten-free toasting muffin
2 slices thick cut honey roast ham
1 sprig parsley, roughly chopped
1. Bring a pan of water to a simmer, then in a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice, and a tablespoon of water.
2. Place the bowl over the pan, (making sure the bowl is not touching the water), and continue to whisk vigorously until ribbons form. Be careful not to overheat the yolks or they will scramble.
3. Remove the bowl from the heat and slowly add the melted butter, continuing to whisk until the butter blends into the mixture. Add the pinch of cayenne.
4. Place the white wine vinegar into a pan of boiling water and poach the eggs for approximately 3-4 minutes depending on the size of your eggs.
5. Split the muffin in half and toast until golden brown. Lay on a plate and top with the honey roast ham. Place the poached eggs on top of the ham and spoon the hollandaise sauce over the top.
6. Decorate with parsley, season accordingly and enjoy immediately.
Recipe by Victoria Tully