Mini Serrano Ham and Asparagus Frittatas (GF)
Makes: 10-12 Frittatas
In need of an alternative to a sandwich for lunch? These versatile little frittatas are great served either hot or cold for picnics and school lunch boxes!
6 slices Serrano ham
1 dessert spoon olive oil
2 small shallots, finely diced
3 asparagus spears, sliced diagonally
¼ teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
6 medium eggs
75ml / 3fl oz milk
75g / 3oz Pecorino, grated
Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / Fan 170°C / 375°F / Gas 5
1. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin and line each hole with ½ a slice of Serrano ham.
2. Next, put the olive oil in a small frying pan and sauté the shallots until they have softened.
3. Slice the asparagus thinly, cutting on the diagonal to roughly 1” length pieces and add to the shallots along with the rosemary. Continue to sauté until the asparagus has softened. Set to one side and leave to cool.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk and Pecorino until they are evenly blended. Divide the onion and asparagus mixture between each muffin case and pour in the egg mixture. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the frittatas are golden brown and springy to the touch.
5. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then gently remove from the tin. Enjoy as they are or with a green salad.