Salmon, Lemon And Dill Fishcakes (GF)
Makes: 25 Mini Fishcakes
These fishcakes are a firm family favourite in our household and are both nutritious and packed with flavour. I bake them in the oven instead of shallow frying to create an even healthier meal. Definitely food for thought!
2 large Maris Piper potatoes, quartered
25g / 1oz butter
50g / 2oz mature Cheddar cheese, grated
450g / 1 lb salmon, skinned
Small bunch dill, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely sliced
2 dessert spoons sweetcorn
1 medium egg, beaten to bind
3 slices gluten-free dry bread, crumbed
½ lemon, zested
1 medium egg, whisked to coat
Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C
1. Line a baking tray with foil and set to one side.
2. Place the potatoes in a large pan and bring to the boil. Cook until tender, then add the butter and cheese. Mash until smooth and evenly blended.
3. Meanwhile, place the salmon on the lined baking tray and grill for 10-15 minutes, turning once, then set aside. Flake the fish once cooled and remove any bones. Add the salmon to the mashed potato along with the dill, spring onions, sweetcorn and beaten egg. Gently combine, ensuring the salmon does not flake too much. Shape the mixture into golf ball sized shapes.
4. In a blender, crumble the dry bread and whirl until it resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in the lemon zest and gently toss the mini fishcakes in the gluten-free flour. Dip in the beaten egg and finally toss them in the gluten-free breadcrumbs until evenly coated.
5. Lay the mini fishcakes on the lined baking tray and lightly drizzle a bit more olive oil over the top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve with a wedge of lemon, homemade chunky chips and gluten-free sweet chilli dipping sauce.