Rhubarb and Raspberry Turnovers (GF)
by Angela Rufus
Makes: 4 Turnovers
One good turn deserves another and these rhubarb and raspberry gluten-free turnovers are really quick to make. Perfect for sharing!
200g / 7oz ready made gluten-free puff pastry
2 fresh rhubarb stalks, cut into bite-sized pieces
75g / 3oz raspberries
1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
1 orange, juiced
1 medium egg, beaten
Gluten-free flour, for dusting
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / 400F / Gas 6
1. Place the rhubarb, raspberries, sugar and orange juice in a medium pan and cook over a low heat until they reduce down.
2. Lightly flour the work surface and roll out the pastry to approximately 20cm x 20cm. Divide into 4 equal squares.
3. Fold each square into a triangle, lightly press down to crease the middle and then open it up again into a square. Brush all edges of the pastry and place a dessert spoonful of the soft fruit in the middle of the square.
4. Take one point of the pastry and fold diagonally. Press down and pinch all the way round with a fork. Brush with a little beaten egg and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Either decorate with icing or sprinkle with a dusting of icing sugar.