Wok ‘n’ Roll Teriyaki Salmon (GF)
Makes: 4 Salmon Portions
This mouth-watering little fishy dish is a healthier alternative to fish and chips as we know it, but sure to be a quirky alternative.
1 lemon, zested & juiced
2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon honey
2 salmon fillets, skinned and halved
2 large Maris Piper potatoes, cut into wedges
1 dessert spoon sesame oil
8 broccoli florets, small
Olive oil, to drizzle
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / 400F / Gas 6
Pan fry over a medium heat
1. Zest and juice a lemon, then place in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the gluten-free soy sauce, minced garlic and honey, then prick the salmon fillets all over with a fork to help the marinade infuse the salmon, then cover with the marinade and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunky wedges and par boil for 10-15 minutes, then drain away the water. Drizzle some olive oil over the potatoes and shake until evenly coated.
2. Place on an oiled baking sheet and bake in the oven on a high heat for 20 minutes. Shuffle and turn the potato wedges, then return to the oven for another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
3. The salmon does not take very long to cook so I would recommend pan frying it in a wok 8-10 minutes before the potato wedges are ready.
4. Add the sesame oil and half the marinade to a wok and pan fry the salmon over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add the rest of the marinade and turn over the salmon fillets. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes depending on the size of the fillets.
5. Serve with seasonal steamed green vegetables such as broccoli florets.
Top Tip: Pan fry the salmon on a medium heat and keep moving it around as the salmon is prone to sticking due to the honey glaze.